Monday, May 2, 2011

Birthday Gift/Card

My niece celebrated her 9th birthday last week.  One of the items on her wish list was some scrapbooking materials.  That was an easy one for Auntie Kristen to handle.

I also made her a picture to go in her room.  Her favorite colors (right now) are blue and pink, so that was my starting point.  I really enjoy using stamps and watercolor pencils to create personal gifts.  I used a cute Stampendous stamp called "Petals Plus" and created this simple flower pattern.  Using my watercolor pencils, I filled in the flower with some of her favorite colors and added some bling accents.  To go with the scrapbooking theme, I added sticker letters to make the word "CREATE" at the bottom.  I added a flower and button embellishment to the finish the piece.


I found an inexpensive frame that came with a white matte.  That felt like too much white for this purpose, so I added some wide ribbon around the watercolor.  Another option would have been to use spray mist.  I will try that on the next one, but the ribbon helped add some depth to accommodate the button.


I think it turned out pretty well and best of all, my niece loved it!

I also created a coordinating card to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment