Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day

I finally have a chance to post the Mother's Day cards I created this year. 


The first card was made using a stamp that I filled in using my watercolor pencils. I find creating highlights is simple using this method. I topped off the flowers with a little bling at the center of each.


I rounded the corners of the white watercolor paper. I then lined it with green card stock. I used a Fiskars edge punch for the purple strip, both top and bottom. It is hard to tell from this photo, but the purple paper has butterflies (one of my mom's favorites) on it. This piece wraps around the entire outside of the card.  


I attached a simple white ribbon around, as well.  Lastly, I printed the LOVE sentiment on my printer in an orange color to match the orange flower. I edged it with green VersaMagic chalk ink. 


The second card also uses a stamp that I filled in with watercolor pencils.  I used purple cardstock to back the image.  Pop dots to lift the image on top of the yellow striped paper.  Using my Cricut Expression, I cut the word "LOVE" out of white card stock using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and cut out a purple shadow.  I attempted to run the white letters through my Sizzix Texture Boutique using the Swiss Dots folder with limited success since the letter are so thin in places.


Overall these were pretty simple to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment