Monday, March 21, 2011

Are we able to see the beauty?

Heard a wonderful speaker yesterday at Willow Creek - Erwin McManus (link).  He is the lead pastor of Mosaic in Los Angeles, CA.  He challenged us by revealing that we often don't enter into the story that God has for us because it is free.  We don't have to pay for it.

Why would we do such a thing?  I know that I find myself trying to control all aspects of my life.  Not letting God have the reigns.  It is one of the key crossroads I keep coming to in my faith journey.

McManus used the illustration of a mosaic — the art of taking broken and fragmented pieces and putting them together to create a piece of beauty.  We often have to go through tragedy before we can see the beauty that God is piecing together for us.

He gave me a lot to think about!  It made me thankful that God is forgiving, merciful and above all in control of my life.


"Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind." Genesis 9:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment